OMG, WHOOOO~~!!! My first animated file EVAR! XD
God, saving this took longer than it did to save my first AMV so I just dropped the fancy special effects I wanted. Plus, the file seemed to be getting too big anyway. *sigh~* Wish I had a better program. -_-;
And I’m sorry if you can’t see the text since it’s bright pink but you have the images so it shouldn’t matter~ :D
I know you’ve all been waiting so I’ll just cut back on the details. Sakura is awesome, optimization sucks (this is why it’s so grainy-instead-of-smooth looking *pissed* D:<), that thing (OMGLOOK! It changes pictures!
*stupid* 8DDD) is supposed to be a mirror because we have now entered the moe goddess’s domain and mirrors are symbolic in Japan. Yeayeayea. I want a nice awesome mirror full of moe, too. \P
My opinion on best ones:
1st – Amu and Rima (They fit the frame best in their own ways. Rima for the close-up and Amu for being perfect center. :D)
2nd – Utau (Love the contrast of dark against light (like inside and out the mirror xD; ) and that outfit me wants. >3< Plus that was a nice screenshot from the pilot film. :3)
3rd – Em…EVERYONE! 8D
Ah, it's really hard to find a good pic AND have it look good framed in something. Everyone turned out okay but like the wildcards, not all are meant to look absolutely perfect. Some are just lucky enough to look stunning. Hee~
Ack, what am I rambling about?
YEA?! Then I declare the Quarterfinals officially OPEN! *CHEERS*
- Each contestant will go up against all the other 7 quarterfinalists in individual duels. Therefore, each contestant needs to complete 7 matches before it is determined whether she can move onto the semifinals or not.
- Wins and losses are determined by how many votes a contestant receives in each duel.
- There will be 5 rounds and each will last 3 days.
- Each round consists of 5 or 6 duels.
- For each respective duel, you may only vote for ONE girl and you may only vote for her ONCE!
- If there is a tie in a duel, that match can either be extended or there will be another match between those two contestants before tallying up the results.
- If two or more contestants have received an equal number of wins, the one who received more votes overall will qualify to join the rest of the top 3.
- The most important one of all: Read through everything (the instructions, the rules, etc) carefully. And I mean, everything.
- Do NOT vote for more than 1 girl in each respective match and do NOT vote for your choice more than once!
- It is not required for you to vote for every match. Just vote in the ones you want to.
- Please vote fairly and let the girls compete fairly. I will NOT tolerate any form of cheating. If it comes to the point where I can’t control it, I will either eliminate that competitor from the tournament or if worst comes to worst, I’ll shut this whole thing down. This is a contest made by a fan and not going in any official books except for ěk-sěn’trĭk’s archives. So be smart and don’t make me or the rest of the fans out there angry just because you want a certain girl to win.
- Commenting: This will be in every set of rules for every single round. You are allowed to give as much support to a contestant as much as you want (to a reasonable degree). You are allowed to critically compare her with her opponent(s) as long as you do it civilly and have legitimate reasons to back your argument up. But any kind of childish bashing towards any of the contestants or other commenters will be marked as spam.
I would very much appreciate it if we can avoid this problem. People are going to have different opinions and different candidates they will support. Please respect that. If you must be a fanbrat, then do it somewhere else where I can’t see you. I don’t want ridiculous immature remarks or wars littering all over my comments.
- If you have any questions regarding anything about the tournament, please don’t hesitate to leave it in a comment or email me at email@example.com. I will try my best to reply back to you as soon as I can.
- Have fun voting and enjoy the tournament! ^^
This is the match roster/results roster/everything else that goes into your pasta. (mmm, pasta~ |D) And I’ll leave it up on top of my main page (and under SoMT) after the first round is over since I don’t think I need to make a results page for it…well, it’s the same thing but it won’t be a post, it’ll just be a picture. =P
If some of you are still confused about how you’re suppose to read it, see those 7 slots under each girl? Yep, the squares will be filled in with each new round and the results will be placed on either side of the opponent-squares (left side are results for the girl at the top and right side for her opponents’).
I know this method may kill the excitement a little (heck, I even repeat it in the semi-finals so don’t look for too much suspense) but I always thought that drawings were sometimes a bit unfair in that it ultimately decides who will lose and be knocked out without a second chance
that’s what the wildcards are for~. If I do it this way, nobody will have to feel too bad if so-and-so lost too early due to going up against a big favorite. Everyone gets their fair share of a worthy battle (er, I mean, battles, lol) and the chances of them going onto the next round are raised a little. Who’d say no to that, eh? ;D
Still befuzzled about how it works?
Then here’s a simple version of how it’ll proceed:
Girl A has to go up against B, C, D, E, F, G, and H.
Girl A goes up against Girl B and gets more votes. That equals a win for A.
If Girl A continues to get enough wins over the others, she goes to the next round.
If you still don’t get it, don’t worry about it. All you have to do is vote (or abstain from voting if you don’t want to) for each individual match. Got questions? Leave it in a comment or send me an email. I can’t promise you that I’ll respond to you ASAP since I’m pretty busy but I’ll try my best.
K, all the technical stuff outta the way, COMMENCE…
Yes, I am aware some competitors appear twice. That’s normal. As long as the chart fills up, we’ll still get our top 4. Any ties we’ll have rematches to break it in the end.
The question is this, though. In a match, you can either vote for who’s more moe to you OR…you can use that vote to help someone get into the top 4 (meaning you don’t necessarily have to vote for the popular choice if she’s guaranteed to come out on top anyway so you can focus on others). 7 votes for each girl so that’s plenty to keep you at ease…right? xD;
Well, I’m sure that I just made it more confusing.
*SHOT* But everything will be fine~ You’ll get use to it as we go along…and like I said before, we’re gonna go by this pretty fast now that I’ve finished all the rosters…’cept for the final one but that shouldn’t be too hard. So don’t be surprised if you expect the next round up on Thursday before the results are out, which I’ll get up as soon as I am able.
Ok! So yea, questions, feel free to ask me. Um, if I missed anything, I’ll try to post it in the second round post. Right now, ack! Have so many things to do! Gotta upload RAWs, my books haven’t arrived, and I want to respond to comments since I’m just deadweight until they come in the mail.
Ah! And as for discussions, judges, I’ll get back to you soon! >.< 7-san, I got your email! Thanks so much! ^^
Enjoy the final rounds, voters! ;D