And the Sakura tribute continues! WOOT! XDDD
See that card? Yea, I made it. ^^ Though it would look so much better without the “SoMT”s in the corners but I put those there as watermarks, I guess. Not that I think people would steal the amateur design of my card but…just for precaution (cuz the pretty pink and our adorable Sakura-chan gets you, doesn’t it?! HMM?! >83). Anyways, I’ll go more about how I made it under the cut.
Gah, I wish I could have used a nicer font for the image but don’t have time to go search for it. Gotta study for a Spanish quiz tomorrow. I’m sorry, Sakura-chan! I have failed to use my best efforts to glorify you in all your awesomeness! Please punish this unworthy fan! TT___________TT
*laments for the next hour*
In the meantime, everyone else may proceed with the final FINAL round of Stage 1.
The main tournament consists of two stages. Stage 1 has now officially started as of May 24th and will run for 6 rounds.
Only the top 18 girls will proceed to Stage 2.
Contestants who have passed the prelims are randomly arranged onto their own respective sakura petal.
- There will be 5 main rounds and 1 special round.
- Each round (except for the last special round) contains 3 duels and will last for 3 days.
- For each respective duel, you may only vote for ONE girl and you may only vote her ONCE!
- Wildcard Round
This round’s purpose is to determine the last 3 girls who will move onto Stage 2 along with the 15 winners from the first five main rounds, and thereby, making the total number of passing contestants 18.
- There will be three 5-way knockouts and this round will last for 5 days. The 15 girls who lost in the first five main rounds are randomly arranged into those knockout spots.
- For each respective knockout, you may only vote for ONE girl out of the five and you may only vote her ONCE!
- The most important one of all: Read through everything (the instructions, the rules, etc) carefully. And I mean, everything.
- Do NOT vote for more than 1 girl in each respective duel/knockout and do NOT vote for your choice more than once!
- It is not required for you to vote for every match. Just vote in the ones you want to.
- Please vote fairly and let the girls compete fairly. I will NOT tolerate any form of cheating. If it comes to the point where I can’t control it, I will either eliminate that competitor from the tournament or if worst comes to worst, I’ll shut this whole thing down. This is a contest made by a fan and not going in any official books except for ěk-sěn’trĭk’s archives. So be smart and don’t make me or the rest of the fans out there angry just because you want a certain girl to win.
- Commenting: This will be in every set of rules for every single round. You are allowed to give as much support to a contestant as much as you want (to a reasonable degree). You are allowed to critically compare her with her opponent(s) as long as you do it civilly and have legitimate reasons to back your argument up. But any kind of childish bashing towards any of the contestants or other commenters will be marked as spam.
I would very much appreciate it if we can avoid this problem. People are going to have different opinions and different candidates they will support. Please respect that. If you must be a fanbrat, then do it somewhere else where I can’t see you. I don’t want ridiculous immature remarks or wars littering all over my comments.
- If you have any questions regarding anything about the tournament, please don’t hesitate to leave it in a comment or email me at email@example.com. I will try my best to reply back to you as soon as I can.
- Have fun voting and enjoy the tournament! ^^
If you don’t want to read anything, then just skip to the polls on the bottom.
Yay! New roster! And yes, you can click on it for higher resolution. ^^
Ah~…I’m quite happy with it despite it being plainer than how I wanted it to turn out…but then again, I think this is how I always pictured it to look like. Since this round is so short compared to the main ones, there’s no need to decorate it extravagantly or anything (except for the cards which I’ll get into a minute). So the background, I just used some texture I found somewhere. Very nice shades of pink, red, and magenta all thrown into a chaotic mix to signify that…well, how unpredictable this round is going to be (wildcard, y’know?). At least I hope it will be, even a little.
And like I said, everything in Stage 1 is officially Sakura inspired…or it is now if I didn’t say so before. lol xD; So yea! More Sakura-themed everything! *throws sakura confettit all over the place* xD
Finally, the cards…well, first of all, I want to thank kanzie for bringing the topic of wildcards in the first place when I sent the rough draft of the rounds to my judges to proofread. I never thought it would work out so perfectly with this final round…or how well it would go with the Sakura tribute since she’s a card magician! Kyaa! Thank you, kanz! Even though you only suggested the term, it just spiraled me into an inspiration frenzy. Thank you~! <3
…Bleh, and while I'm looking at this roster, my wildcards look so much better than my Stage 1 sakura flowers. D\
lol Well if you know me well, I absolutely LOVE cards. And I’m very detail-oriented so I made use of what little artistic talent I had to design this card. I admit, other than the pretty sakura branches (I take no credit, I just found it while looking for images) and lacey oval frame (partial credit for the oval…not the original lace design), there really is nothing extraordinarily awesome about it. And that’s the TRUTH. xP
But it’s not so much meant to look like a trading card at all…more like a portrait card? With the frames and everything. Cuz I’m a collector. I don’t play with my cards, I just like looking at the prettiness. And trading cards aren’t always as pretty as collectible ones. :P
So…I have to give another enormous thanks to 7-san for putting up with me for the entire afternoon on Sunday over gmail. Kept spamming him with questions and rough drafts as it was coming along. Oh, and can’t forget my frustration over it being “TOO PINK! ARRRGGGHHH!!” xDDD But really, I couldn’t have done it without a second opinion as I was working on it so thanks a lot, 7-san! ^^
And of course, more thanks to the goddess of my inspiration, Sakura-chan, for just being…THE MOST AWESOMEST PERSON IN THE WORLD EVAR!!!!! xDDD I was stuck on the final colors and used the color of one the ribbons she was wearing on whim to see how it would look. BAM! It just became perfect. O.O
Ohh~, Sakura-chan is the miracle of all miracle workers. <333 *bows for an eternity before her feet*
So yea…that's the whole deal behind it. Eck, that was sloppy but oh well. :P
Yep, use the roster if it helps. Cuz the polls stretch really long and I made it so it will be easier to see who's up against who.
Now…ONTO THE VOTING! XD
Meh, can’t say I’m really happy with how the knockouts were set up but that’s just me being bias. Heh.
Anyway, anyone having a hard time choosing out of any five? I wanna hear it! XDDD
Remember, make your choice wisely. Only 3 girls can be saved and then the rest are scrapped.
…ooo, sounds kinda harsh but this is a MOE tournament! Show no mercy! RAWR! >8D
…*refrains from asking voters to save one contestant* It’s so hard being an impartial judge. T_T
And finally…who do you think looks best in their portrait card? I think Lydia…and maybe Angelique. Yaya got me laughing so hard she’s so INYOURFACE! in that little oval. xD;