Alright, this thing is still alive!
POLL CLOSED. Results up by Thursday or Friday.
I’m terribly sorry, minna-san! I had planned to get back to this at the beginning of this month but school and finals really took all the energy out of me and I couldn’t function right cuz of allergy season. Sick Xiao = do not want to do anything. I’ve also been experiencing a bit of a slump (along with big fat procrastination-distraction syndrome) in regards to everything lately cuz it’s summer and I have summer courses and I really don’t want to do anything but stay home and lounge around but I’ll have to get up at 6 AM three days a week just to go out to NY. *heavy sigh* The bright side, though, I’ll still have a good amount of free time to do what I want so hopefully I won’t get too much hwk and will be awake enough to focus on the tournament. I’m organizing round 2 and another blog post as I type this right now.
Not very good excuses to give and I deeply apologize again. I’ll try my best to get this all underway and smoothly as possible. If not, more apologies in advance. URGH! *wrings head*
Yep, so I just wanted to say that and…my co-hosts, are you all still well and alive? I’ll be contacting you with a prompt soon. I just need to choose which one…well, I’ll mention more in a later blog post, too, so whichever comes first. That or email. Heh. ^^;
Ok, now read the instructions and rules and don’t break them.
The main tournament consists of two stages. Stage 1 has now officially started as of May 24th and will run for 6 rounds.
Only the top 18 girls will proceed to Stage 2.
Contestants who have passed the prelims are randomly arranged onto their own respective sakura petal.
- There will be 5 main rounds and 1 special round.
- Each round (except for the last special round) contains 3 duels and will last for 3 days.
- For each respective duel, you may only vote for ONE girl and you may only vote her ONCE!
- Wildcard Round
This round’s purpose is to determine the last 3 girls who will move onto Stage 2 along with the 15 winners from the first five main rounds, and thereby, making the total number of passing contestants 18.
- There will be three 5-way knockouts and this round will last for 5 days. The 15 girls who lost in the first five main rounds are randomly arranged into those knockout spots.
- For each respective knockout, you may only vote for ONE girl out of the five and you may only vote her ONCE!
- The most important one of all: Read through everything (the instructions, the rules, etc) carefully. And I mean, everything.
- Do NOT vote for more than 1 girl in each respective duel/knockout and do NOT vote for your choice more than once!
- It is not required for you to vote for every match. Just vote in the ones you want to.
- Please vote fairly and let the girls compete fairly. I will NOT tolerate any form of cheating. If it comes to the point where I can’t control it, I will either eliminate that competitor from the tournament or if worst comes to worst, I’ll shut this whole thing down. This is a contest made by a fan and not going in any official books except for ěk-sěn’trĭk’s archives. So be smart and don’t make me or the rest of the fans out there angry just because you want a certain girl to win.
- Commenting: This will be in every set of rules for every single round. You are allowed to give as much support to a contestant as much as you want (to a reasonable degree). You are allowed to critically compare her with her opponent(s) as long as you do it civilly and have legitimate reasons to back your argument up. But any kind of childish bashing towards any of the contestants or other commenters will be marked as spam.
I would very much appreciate it if we can avoid this problem. People are going to have different opinions and different candidates they will support. Please respect that. If you must be a fanbrat, then do it somewhere else where I can’t see you. I don’t want ridiculous immature remarks or wars littering all over my comments.
- If you have any questions regarding anything about the tournament, please don’t hesitate to leave it in a comment or email me at email@example.com. I will try my best to reply back to you as soon as I can.
- Have fun voting and enjoy the tournament! ^^
Now that we got all that out of the way, here is the selection for round 1 highlighted in blue:
Yep, we’re starting with the inner circle first. Then after we finish round 2, the flowers will rotate and the next set of duels will follow. But you’ll see all this later when we actually get to it.
& no, sorry, I’m not going to provide a bigger, better resolution of this roster cuz I did it all by hand and it looks extremely awful up close. Agh~, I need to work on this. Dx
But I think it’s large enough that you can notice who’s who and see the highlighted petals without a problem. At least on my laptop here it does (and I’m using IE right now, ugh…). Tell me if you don’t…but it’s not going to matter much cuz the poll’s already on the bottom.
That being said…
Thank you for voting and look forward to the next round! ^^