Ack, sorry for not posting the rules yesterday but when I came home I was really, really dead tired. So please understand that there might be a few delays in the voting schedules depending on how much outside work I have to do. It shouldn’t take too long for me to get back to SoMT but if I end up in a jam, my apologies in advance. *bows* >.<
POLL IS NOW CLOSED. STATS WILL BE POSTED UP ON THURSDAY, APRIL 16th!
Prelim eliminations will officially start on Friday, April 3rd and will last for 1 ½ weeks until Wednesday, April 15th (at 8:00 PM EST to be specific).
- You will have to complete a voting survey and you are allowed to do this survey only ONCE! No redos, no second chances, no exceptions, none. So please read the rest of the instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes.
- For the first two questions, you are required to vote for the top 6 nominees you want to see proceed to the main tournament.
- Question 1 (Q1): You MUST vote for no more and no less than 3 names. The girls you select for this question will receive 5 points.
- Question 2 (Q2): You MUST vote for no more and no less than 3 names and you may NOT select the same ones you voted for in Q1 or your votes will be considered void (e.g. If you voted for Girl A in Q1 and voted for her again in Q2, then her vote in Q2 will not count and will be passed on to your next valid vote).
The girls you select for this question will receive 4 points.
- The next three questions are not mandatory but if you choose to, you may vote for the rest of the nominees you want to see go to the next round. The same rules that apply to the first two questions will also apply to the last three.
- Question 3 (Q3): Select 1 to 3 nominees that you have not chosen in Q1 and Q2. The girls you submit for this question will receive 3 points.
- Question 4 (Q4): Select 1 to 3 nominees that you have not chosen in Q1, Q2, and Q3. The girls you submit for this question will receive 2 points.
- Question 5 (Q5): Select 1 to 3 nominees that you have not chosen in Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4. The girls you submit for this question will receive 1 point.
- Use the prelims chart as reference so you don’t screw up!!!
Explanation of the point system:
The point system has been established to prevent an over influx of votes for one particular contestant and to ensure that all other candidates will have a fair chance of getting into the main tournament. We need 30 contestants to make this a workable contest.
Once a nominee has reached or surpassed 800 points, she is immediately qualified to move on to the next round and will be taken off the prelims list. A notice will be posted when she has passed the cut and any further votes that are given to her afterwards will no longer count towards her stats.
NOTE: Votes will remain unaffected by points and vice versa until a candidate has reached the 800-point mark. Even if they do not reach the cutoff, the ones with the most votes at the end of the prelims will still be part of the top 30.
So please choose the order of your selection wisely as the points will be a major part of determining if the girl you voted for will be able to go into the next round or not. Please also keep checking the SoMT page to see if any nominee has already passed the cut so you don’t waste your vote.
- The most important one of all: Read through everything (the instructions, the rules, the survey, etc) carefully. And I mean, everything.
- Please do not select more than 3 girls for each question. If you do so, only the first three valid votes that are shown on each separate list will receive those votes. The rest will be void.
- You may NOT repeat the votes you already gave for one competitor in a previous question. Otherwise, your repeated votes will not count and will be passed on to the next valid choice on that respective list.
- Please vote fairly and let the girls compete fairly. I will NOT tolerate any form of cheating. If you cheat excessively, your entire survey will be rejected. If it comes to the point where I can’t control it, I will either eliminate that competitor from the tournament or if worst comes to worst, I’ll shut this whole thing down. This is a contest made by a fan and not going in any official books except for ěk-sěn’trĭk’s archives. So be smart and don’t make me or the rest of the fans out there angry just because you want a certain girl to win.
- Commenting: This will be in every set of rules for every single round. You are allowed to give as much support to a contestant as much as you want (to a reasonable degree). You are allowed to critically compare her with her opponent(s) as long as you do it civilly and have legitimate reasons to back your argument up. But any kind of childish bashing towards any of the contestants or other commenters will be marked as spam.
I would very much appreciate it if we can avoid this problem. People are going to have different opinions and different candidates they will support. Please respect that. If you must be a fanbrat, then do it somewhere else where I can’t see you. I don’t want ridiculous immature remarks or wars littering all over my comments.
- If you have any questions regarding anything about the tournament, please don’t hesitate to leave it in a comment or email me at email@example.com. I will try my best to reply back to you as soon as I can.
- When you finish reading the rules, click here.
- Have fun voting and enjoy the tournament! ^^
Hmm, is that all? I hope I didn’t miss anything. I will be putting up a stats page when I receive enough votes to show the progress so far so keep checking back to see how everyone’s doing.